Saturday, January 21, 2012

Resolutions: January

I decided that trying to change an entire year at a time was a bit overwhelming. So at the beginning of the month, I set myself a few. We're about 2/3 done with the month, so I need to figure out how to get the rest in yet!

1. Blog 5 times.  This one I'm going to have to hustle on. This is one, and I just published one on the store blog. So three left to go before the end of the month. I think I might blog about Finn for a bit. That could fill a lot. I love talking about my son.

2. Clean my tupperware cupboard. I finished this one! I was pretty happy about that. Everything has a cover, or a bottom, that matches. The odd strays, and ones that just aren't sizes I use, are in a bag. They'll go in next years garage sale. Probably a freebie box.

3. Sew the vests for Scott. I'm done with all but one. I'm still waiting for the lining material for that one. Scott needed vests for his employees. He needed the first group by Jan 1st. I had the rest of this month to get the other half done. I was pretty happy with this one. I needed to make my own pattern for the largest size one. I think it looks pretty good, and most importantly it looks a lot like the ones I had a pattern for. That's kind of important when it's a uniform.

4. Sew the remaining two portable bean bag games I have materials for. This is a pet project and I'd really like to get them done up. I don't want to just sew them. I want to write down the pattern and instructions. I think they are a pretty good idea if I say so myself, so I want to share. If this goes well, there may be more crafty stuff showing up in here.

Those were my goals. I still have a bit to do, but it's not unrealistic. I did get a bit sidetracked this month. We bought a dining room table, and I had to make a tablecloth. Train tracks and a 4 year old will scratch that up in a hurry! I used a piece of material that was just hanging around, so it was a win. I got to use it, and I freed up room in the storage container for more material! I also started working for Scott. I'm just filling in right now. He's got an employee out for surgery. But I have to tell you, after a year of sleeping in until whenever (generally 8,) getting up at 4:30 am to go to work is a bit difficult! But there are some nice benefits. I get a brisk walk in the morning. The first thing I have to do is go to the top and walk the ramp down to the booth. I'm looking for garbage, graffiti and vagrants. I have no clue what I'll do if I find the latter! Plus counting the cars. Then I can sit in a nice heated booth with a computer for the next 5 hours. It's mainly people coming in to work, so the first several hours are generally very quiet. I go online and do my editing for work. It's been really nice. I get a lot more of that accomplished without my helper. Then I play on facebook or babycenter. I need to hit the library, I think. I read a book that someone had left there, but I'm done with that now.

So the plan is to blog a bit about Finn, and a check in at the end of the month. That leaves one more blog, maybe a second one about Finn, he's worth it. I'm hoping that the material for the vest gets dropped off tomorrow so I can finish that. That leaves me a lot of time to finish the bean bags. This is doable. Of course, I need to start thinking about February's goals as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment