Friday, January 7, 2011

Under Construction:

Both my blog, and myself! Please bear with me as I figure out just what I want the site to look like. It's part of the construction project of myself as well. Every year I make a resolution to get healthier. Remind me to let you know how that worked out for me in 2006. This year, I'm holding myself accountable by putting it out there for everyone to see. I'm hoping to lose weight, develop some stamina, and declutter my house. If I could find a way to fulfill my financial obligations to our family while staying home, that would be the icing on my cake. Uhm, my fat free-sugar free-low-calorie cake that is.

So how do I get started? Diet and exercise are the logical culprits. I've bought The Biggest Loser Wii game, and my goal is 3 times a week. Yeah, I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but I want a goal I can reach. That's my January goal. They say it takes 30 days to make a habit, so that's what I'm going for. Then I'll work on adding a day! By summer, it should be a daily thing. Of course by summer, it will be warm enough to get my bike out, and then we'll have to have the discussion about a bike trailer, or a tandem add-on bike for Finn.

Diet is the next step. If I was hard-core, I'd go through the cupboard and get rid of everything that isn't healthy food, and anything that is processed. That's not going to happen. For one thing, I can't afford to replace it all at once. Instead what I did was I picked up a box of whole wheat pasta this week, and the only canned veggies were the beets that I bought because Finn likes them. I also grabbed a tub of couscous instead of the boxed mix and my cart was full of raw veggies. I'm just going to use what's in the pantry and replace with better options as I go. Luckily the grocery store is close enough that once I'm feeling in better shape, and frankly once I feel like I'm not going to break an ankle walking, that will add to my exercise. I can walk to the store for fresh groceries. I kind of feel a wagon in our future as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment